TGC provided consultant assistance to the Uptown Development Authority in regards to coordination with the Texas Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC), Houston METRO, and the City of Houston. TGC’s efforts revolved around the ongoing development of the Uptown Dedicated Bus Lane (DBL) project and the pursuit of additional discretionary funding to offset costs to Uptown and to the City of Houston.
TGC achievements within this scope include:
- Gaining staff concurrence at H-GAC for additional federal funding.
- Success in the capture of sub-surface utility costs as eligible for federal reimbursement.
- Receiving FTA approval on modifications to project design.
- Acquiring support for additional funds from regional elected officials.
- Development of a coordinated strategy for funding acquisition through partnership with several political jurisdictions.