TGC can navigate the complex local, state, and federal processes to begin new services, construct new facilities, and expand transit capabilities. We support our clients during the application process to become additional federal grantees, to institutionalize their projects in the local and state Transportation Improvement Plans, and to pursue federal funding through the reauthorization process. With our clear understanding of government policies and regulations, we develop creative, sensible plans to direct our clients through the complexities of federal transit funding issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Funding Process -TGC regularly assists clients with support, representation, and monitoring of MPO activities related to Federal funding sought through a MPO’s TIP including CMAQ, Livable Centers, transit pilot project programs, and other applicable funding categories. TGC assists and participates in Transportation Policy Council, Technical Advisory Committees, and Transit Working groups meetings to discuss transit issues of regional importance such as potential impacts from the new Census, Congressional Reauthorization, and the appropriation process.
- Legal Assistance – TGC provides clients with legal support in all aspects of the planning, development, and financing of transportation improvements, including the review of legal agreements, legislation, statutes, Charters, and other information which might have an impact on a client’s mobility objectives. TGC drafts interlocal agreements with project partners for purposes of compensation and/or provision of transit operating and maintenance services. TGC can work with clients on new finance and/or bonding proposals which can leverage federal funding using local and bond resources for mobility improvements.
- Legislative Assistance – TGC provides clients with continuous assistance in the areas of federal and state legislation including involvement in federal and state agency grant opportunities, regulatory, and other activity requiring legislative and governmental assistance. TGC will testify and/or assist client’s in testimony before Texas State and U.S. Congressional committees regarding a client’s transportation matters including census protection, mobility corridor funding, and other matters.
- Policy – TGC takes a leadership role in spearheading legislative change for the betterment of transit. TGC can work to address funding formulations that have disadvantaged smaller urban and rural areas and assist with the establishment of a dedicated state funding source for transit.
- Special District Creation – TGC can assist clients with the creation of special districts dedicated to improving mobility within a community pursuant to Chapter 458 of the Texas Transporation Code. TGC will develop the framework for creation of a special district including participating in public hearings, developing interlocal areements, coordination activities and overall administration.