The Goodman Corporation (TGC) is seeking a Texas licensed Civil Engineer to lead and grow our engineering practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in civil engineering and project management. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required.
This individual will be responsible for leading a core team of engineers focused on growing our engineering practice. The ideal candidate will be able to complete activities such as:
- The identification of engineering level solutions to complex transportation problems (intersections, bridges, overpasses, road and trail alignments, context sensitive and jurisdictionally approvable approaches for bike/pedestrian access, etc.).
- Develop conceptual and schematic design options for projects.
- Perform 30%, 60%, 90%, and 100% plan reviews for horizontal and vertical construction projects.
- Complete all or some design processes towards 100% PS&E submittal.
- Develop and review cost estimates.
- Understand and interpret design guidelines at the federal, state, and local levels
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with elected, appointed, and staff level individual.
- Understand and interpret travel demand model results at both a macro and micro level.
- Make informed decisions regarding project needs relative to private and public utility relocation, public utility requirements and costs (water, sewer), storm water requirements, sizing, and costs, rights-of-way, permitting, and interagency coordination (TxDOT, USACE, flood control jurisdictions, etc.).
The individual should be able to complete these tasks independently and also review those of others on behalf of our clients. The ability to complete and/or review traffic impact studies and signal warrant analyses is preferred. The individual will manage the engineering aspects of a portfolio of projects, including but not limited to, sidewalk/streetscape improvements, hike and bike trails, pedestrian and vehicular bridges, freight and rail projects, roadway reconstruction, expansion, and new facilities, intersections, park and ride facilities, transit projects (BRT, LRT, HSR, etc.) and parking terminals.
In addition to the day-to-day engineering project management, this individual will be responsible for assisting with business development by identifying market trends and opportunities, understanding client’s needs, striving to develop long-lasting relationships with clients, pursuit of high priority leads, and the development of scopes of work and price proposals. The individual will also be responsible for working collaboratively with teaming partners and in the mentoring and engagement of internal staff.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local infrastructure design guidelines.
- MUTCD/TxDOT/US Standards and Permit Codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office (Excel is a must), CAD, MicroStation, SketchUp, SYNCRO, VISSIM.
- Experience with roadway, multiuse, pedestrian facility and transit facility design.
- Civil engineering licensed in Texas (or working towards licensure).
If you are interested in a career with TGC, please submit a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com. TGC is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary range begins at $100,000 annually. Negotiated salary commensurate with experience, skills, and fit.