The Goodman Corporation (TGC) is seeking a Transportation Engineer for our Houston, Texas office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in civil/transportation engineering, construction management, and project management. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering or management, transportation engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university is required.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating, administering, and managing the design and construction of a variety of capital improvement and infrastructure projects. Recent TGC projects have included sidewalk/ramp/streetscape improvements, bus maintenance facilities, park and ride facilities, transit terminals, and parking garages, hike-and-bike trails, and roadway improvements. Other responsibilities of this position include, client interaction, management of projects’ budgets/schedules, and business development activities.
Example of Duties:
- Evaluate, review, and suggest revisions to engineering, architectural, and landscape plans, drawings, sketches, specifications, and cost estimates for successful project implementation.
- Develop project cost estimates and maintain a unit price database.
- Manage design sub-consultants and support staff.
- Review and approve pay applications from contractors.
- Review plans, specifications, and cost estimates as well as preliminary engineering reports prepared by sub-consultants and comment on constructability and other related tasks.
- Participate in and evaluate value engineering exercises.
- Monitor projects for compliance with local, state, and federal requirements (Buy America, Davis-Bacon, DBE, procurement, cost or price analysis, etc.)
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) in order to develop analysis and associated correspondence.
- Familiarity with construction scheduling software.
- Provide conceptual design solutions to resolve problems evidenced by existing conditions.
- Attend and participate in various board, agency, governmental, and client meetings.
- Ensure projects comply with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Assist in preparation of RFP/Qs and IFBs for architectural/engineering services and construction contracts.
- Experience in project management for engineering and planning projects.
- Experience working on federally funded transportation projects.
- Understanding of and/or background in construction management and administration.
- Understanding of and/or background in procurement and bid processes.
- Understanding and/or background in FHWA, FTA, and TxDOT requirements.
- Previous TxDOT, FHWA, or FTA employment a major plus.
If you are interested in a career with TGC, please submit a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com. TGC is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.